Monday, May 30, 2011

Sweet almost summertime.

This weekend was pretty great but it made me feel like I was on summer break already. My parents ended up taking me to a movie and ice cream to celebrate my graduation. Last night consisted of my lovely friends, midnight swimming, a bonfire, and smores. It was awesome having everyone together for like the first time all quarter. We sat around the fire and talked till everyone was ready for bed. Then the rest of the weekend involved swimming in my pool and laying in the sun. Caitlynn and Sarah joined me during the day Sunday and just Sarah came over to swim today. I'm incredibly dark at the moment from all the sun and I even put on sunscreen after I was told I'd get cancer if I didn't. Pretty much all weekend involved friends and swimming. This was just the kind of relaxing weekend I really wanted and needed.

I've decided that I love when I can hang out with my friends till late at night and then go sleep in my bed alone. I think I'm just not big on sleepovers, I never really have been. I always like the idea but when it comes down to it I'd rather have my own bed all to myself. I get easily annoyed of other people's sleeping habits and I am not a fun person when it comes to my sleep. I love hanging out really late at night with my friends I just prefer sleeping alone in my bed. I've always been like this, I think that Jordan has been the only person that I didn't mind having sleepovers with but I think it was just because I usually had my own bed when I slept over. Plus her house might as well have been my house that's how much time we spent together. I'm just excited for next year when I can go out with my friends and stay out all night then sleep in my bed.

So I've started my first Chuck Palahniuck book, he's the author of fight club. I'm reading choke and it's really good kinda weird but I guess that's to be expected from this guy. I love reading. I really wanna buy a kindle so I can always have a book to read. I tend to get through a 300 page book in a day or sometimes two if I get busy. This causes problems when I finish because then I have to wait to get another book before I can start reading again. My love for books has been a relatively new found thing. I used to hate reading and when I say hate I mean I despised reading and then all of sudden sometime before my freshman year I just started to love it. But anyway this book is really good and I really just want to finish it so I do believe that that is what I am about to do.

Happy memorial day everyone. Last week of classes then finals and I am officially done with this quarter. yay!

2 comments:

  1. *gasp* are you telling me you did not like our sleepovers??? (although to be fair they were always at your house) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah of course I loved our sleepovers!

    ReplyDelete