Saturday, May 7, 2011

Well here goes nothing..

So I'm going to try this blog thing out. I'm not much of a writer but that's okay because this is more for myself than anyone else. I actually got the idea to start this from my older sister, Taylor, who seems to be really enjoying it. She started hers when she had a lot of life changes coming up including: getting married (congrats!), moving to North Carolina, and graduating from college. While nothing quite that big and exciting is happening in my life, I am going through some big changes for me.

To start out with at the end out this month I will be a high school graduate. Although I've basically been in college for the past two years through the post-secondary program at my high school, at the end of this quarter I will officially be enrolled as a degree seeking student at Ohio University and at the end of this summer will be moving out of my parent's house and be living in the dorms. For those of you who don't know me very well this is a big deal. I may have moved around a lot, but I've never lived apart from my parents. I am a huge homebody and get homesick after a night away.

So basically this blog is gonna follow me getting ready to enter the dorms and follow my first year at college. (Probably with some rambling and miscellaneous info as I go along)

Well here's some background. I'm an actuarial science major (fancy name for doing a lot of math for risk and insurance type things) which basically means I'm a giant nerd. After I finish some online courses this summer I'll be walking in as a junior at OU. There is a boat load of kids in my family, seven to be exact. The ages range from  21 (Taylor), 19 (Kirby), 18 (Dan), 17 (Me), 7 (Chase), to identical twins that are 4 (Luke and Nate). My Dad is a retired Major in the Army and now the ROTC recruiter at OU which is how we wound up in Athens. My mom's a software engineer and almost as big of a geek as I am. There is no doubt that I am her child from my way of thinking to my looks. Taylor, Danny, and Kirby are all moved out and this has left just me with my parents and the little guys.

This summer, along with my online classes and college prep, I'll be babysitting the boys (Chase, Luke and Nate) at least 50 hours a week as my summer job. I don't mind all that much cause the boys are my buddies and almost an extension of me, plus all I'll be doing is swimming in our new pool all summer. So a lot of this blog will probably consist of the funny things they do or say, at least until I move out.

 Well that's the basics that I should probably include in this first post and I'll try to keep up with updating this. I hope my rambling doesn't get too off base but I can't make any promises. Anyway enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE A BLOGGER NOW! I AM SO HAPPY! I am following you. I will creep on you forever and always!

    ReplyDelete