Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just keep swimming

This has been a surprisingly good weekend. One of my friends from Canton, Cruz, was in town yesterday and it was awesome getting to see him and I am unbelievably excited that he's coming here next year. Then last night Caitlynn slept over after we hung out all day. We stayed up talking half the night and let me just say I really needed the girl talk. She's an amazing friend and I love getting to know her more. She's probably gonna stick around for a while.

Today is mother's day and since I'm currently so broke I wasn't able to get my mom a present. Instead, after dropping Caitlynn off at her dorm, I hung out with my parents while they planted trees and what not around the house, adding a hand every so often. Then when the boys woke up from their nap I went swimming in our pool with them (actually getting a little bit of sun which is always nice). Taylor got back from NC today and stopped by the house while we were swimming. I love when she stops by even though she enjoys making fun of me (granted I guess that comes with the little sister territory and I should probably just accept it at this point).

Now I am attempting to study for econ while I watch episode after episode of  Law and Order: SVU. This week should be really fun *written with extreme sarcasm*. I have a macroecon exam tomorrow, a music exam Tuesday, and eventually need to start my english essay. Also I get back my calc exam back tomorrow and considering this is my second time taking the class I'm not sure how confident I'm feeling about it.

I'll be so much happier with life after this quarter is over. I said this last quarter and I think this theme has to do with Calc III. I'm not really enjoying my classes at the moment and I have a constant anxious feeling in my stomach. My finger nails will vouch to this anxiety cause they are even farther down to the nub than usual. I think that a summer of sitting around by the pool and being separated from society for a while will do me a world of good.

Well anyways back to note card making and getting too involved in the fictional arrests of rapists. I have to say after two days in a row of writing on this I'm pretty proud of myself. Not too mention it feels good to think back on what has been going on and how I'm feelin'. Who knows maybe writing on this will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment