Sunday, May 15, 2011

dirt and shovels and mulch, oh my.

I am filthy. After spending all day helping my parents landscape, I am completely covered with dirt. We had to dig out a bunch of grass to make a plant bed and most of this digging consisted of picking up chunks of muddy dirt and throwing it into the bed of my dad's truck. Now all I want to do is shower and lay on the couch and do nothing.

This weekend has been pretty enjoyable. Thursday and Friday my parents drove up to Vermont to pick up Dan and since Chase couldn't miss school he stayed here and hung out with me. When he's not trying hard to impress the little guys or my parents he's a really cool kid. Then last night I had a good old fashioned girls night with my friends (minus Caitlynn). Since I'm such a loser though I opted out of staying the night cause I was in one of those "I need my own bed" moods.

Tomorrow starts week 8 of spring quarter which means three more weeks of class then finals. I think senioritis is finally starting to really hit me. I've decided that I just need to get through this quarter without bringing down my GPA too much. It'll be nice taking only online courses this summer cause I need a break from actual school without getting too bored.

I'm just so ready to be a real college kid and not a high school kid taking college classes. I just want to be involved with the real activities of college and not just sit and watch. Chances are I won't get that terribly involved but I like to think that I'll be able to if the desire arises.

Well, I'm off to shower and get this gunk off of me. Then probably laying on the couch. I love when I am actually able to do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment