Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The dorm.

Today is a fun post. I am in dorm decorating mode and am gonna post some of my ideas and what I'm hoping to do with my room.

 First off the theme. I'm not really doing one other than black and white, well not just black and white my comforter is going to be a mustard-y greenish color with a black trim on it and then I'm going to do all of my other stuff black and white. Since I haven't found out who my roommate is yet if I go with black and white she can have her stuff whatever color she wants and the b&w will tie everything together.
These are the comforters that I really like. I keep going back and forth on which is my favorite.
I'm gonna add black accessories in throughout my dorm. The room already has white walls so I figure that adding in black stuff instead of white will look better.
  
I'm thinking about using white sheets or possibly gray. I haven't decided which yet. I may even go for a set of each cause chances are I'm not going to want to have to wash sheets all the time so two will probably be better.

I'm really excited cause since my birthday is August 2nd it's only like a month away from move in day. So for my birthday present I'm going to go shopping for dorm things so I can actually get some nice stuff for it. Also my grandma usually gives us dorm stuff for our graduation present which is super awesome of her.

The reason I'm going to be putting so much effort into my room at in the dorms is cause I'm such a homebody. Knowing me I'm going to end up being in there all the time cause I study in my room, I'm gonna end up eating most of the time in my room, and I love to watch a lot of tv and read in bed. So basically I want a cozy dorm. They can very easily end up looking like a prison if you're not careful and I really want to like being in my dorm cause I'm going to be spending a lot of money so I can live there.

I've been waiting for the day that I move out and decorate my own space since I knew what moving out was, so planning out this dorm for me is like a being a little kid in a toy store. I know I probably sound like a geek but this is an unbelievable cool experience for me and while I'm freaking out about not living at home, I'm so excited to finally "go away" to college. I've watched all my older siblings do it and pretty much all of my friends and now it's finally my turn.

2 comments: