Friday, June 3, 2011

Best version of myself

So I finally did it. I ordered a kindle. I am so excited it should be here today so I went through and downloaded a whole bunch of books to read as soon as I get it. As I've mentioned before I love reading. I love getting lost in a story about things that I have never experienced, or reading about something I have. I love completely immersing myself in a book, it's one of the greatest feelings I know. Having this kindle will pretty much mean that I am not going to be doing a whole lot of stuff other than reading. I think it's going to make my summer a lot better having something to keep me busy other than school while I'm babysitting. It's nice cause the boys can swim while I sit on the side of the pool and read.We'll all be happy.

This summer I have decided I am making myself look how I wanna look. This pretty much means I'm going to slim down, get tan, and quit biting my nails. I know I'm not fat and actually am in pretty good shape but this summer I wanna get skinny and gain some strength and flexibility. Not in and unhealthy way of course. I'm just kinda talking about a half diet which pretty much for me is going to mean healthier food and smaller portions which is something that I should do anyway. Then I'm going to start working out again. We have a nice gym area set up in my basement and I wanna start taking advantage of it and I wanna start doing laps in my pool. Also I'm going to be taking classes in the summer so I'll be able to use Ping (Ou's gym). So pretty much between all the resources I have I really don't have an excuse not to start working out again. This whole ploy to change my image is really just a tactic I'm using to give myself some extra confidence before I move out for college at the end of summer and I wanna make working out and eating right a habit again. So pretty much I'm giving myself 12 weeks to get myself to the place that I want to be physically. It's stupid but I want that flat stomach and some muscles. Nothing gross just enough to look tone and good. This summer seems like the perfect time to be doing this so why not.

None of this want to change physically has anything to do with pleasing anyone else. I want to feel like this for myself. When I look at myself in the mirror I wanna think "damn I look good". And I mean hey, who doesn't want to start college lookin' their best. I have a very healthy self esteem (some may call it cocky) but I wanna know that I am the best version of myself whether that be physically, mentally, morally, ect. I figure I might as well start doing this type of thing now while I am young and impressionable and hopefully by starting early I will carry these habits into adulthood with me . I never again want to look back at my life and think "I could of done better, I could have been better" I wanna start being the me I wanna be. So pretty much I am going to start looking the part and this summer is going to be my time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment