Monday, June 13, 2011

How the time flies

So summer has finally begun. I started babysitting today and to my surprise it was relatively painless. The boys are finally old enough where they can keep themselves occupied for the most part so I sat around and read while they swam or rode their bikes. We did have some fun coloring with chalk together this morning. It looks as though my summer is going to be fairly calm with the occasional excitement.  While I'm babysitting this summer like I always do this summer is actually gonna be pretty different. First off I'm living in a different house which is sweet because now I have an in-ground pool. Second off I'm taking classes which is something I've never done in the summer. I have this week off before classes start up again and hopefully I passed calc this time so I can finish the fourth part by fall. Also Taylor and Dom are now out of Athens and living in their own house in North Carolina. She's never been more than 3 hours away my whole life and it's weird to think I have to go to a different state to see them. Also I miss Caitlynn, she's my non-townie friend and now I'll have to drive more than 5 minutes if I want to see her which sucks. This summer is gonna be pretty different, it's gonna be a good pretty decent. I just hope it goes by quickly so it can be fall already.

So it's true that I am a huge nerd. It's also true I could not love my kindle more. I'm half way through my 6th book in less than a week and a half. I'm not talking about short books either each one has been at least 200 pages. I love it though. I have such a vivid imagination that reading books for me is better than watching TV. I love the freedom given when reading a book. I get to put myself into the story rather than just observing as I would if I were watching a movie. It's a great feeling, plus it keeps me busy and makes the time fly extremely fast. I just wish that reading didn't make me fall asleep so easily. I swear that if I am in a comfortable position when I read I pass out almost immediately. I can't complain though, I usually need the nap.

So I've been thinking a lot about how much I've grown up in the past couple years. It's hard to believe that I am now a high school grad on my way to move into the dorms this fall. It feels as though I have watched almost everyone I care about go through these steps and it's now my turn. I don't think it has really hit me yet. Sure I've acknowledged that it is happening but it probably won't feel real until the first night I am laying in my dorm trying to go to sleep. I am under no impression that I am some grown person who is worldly and wise but it's so weird to think about how old everyone I knew seemed when they had gone through all this. I guess I'm just flabbergasted at how quickly the years have gone by, it seems like just yesterday I had just moved back to Ohio about to start my freshman year of high school.

Well good news is this weekend I am pretty sure I am going to Cailtynn's hometown with Sarah and Jayne and then Sunday Jess will be back home so I won't feel so lonesome in Athens. It didn't really help that my mom went to Austin yesterday and won't be back till Thursday but soon enough I will see everyone and in the mean time I'm going to enjoy my dad's and the boy's company and read more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment