Saturday, July 9, 2011

People change.

So I am leaving NC this morning, my plane heads out at 3:15 and I'll probably be heading towards the airport at noon. I'm up pretty early which means Taylor and Dom aren't awake yet so I'm finishing packing, showering, and getting ready. I think I'm going to miss being down here more than I thought I would but the idea of my own bed and not living out of a suitcase sounds pretty good right about now. I've seeing Taylor and Dom and I really happy they let me visit for so long and how much fun they've been the entire time.

This trip has been pretty good for me and I've surprisingly learned a lot. Like once in a while I need some time to just relax and not worry about anything. I've learned that people change. No one is going to be the exact same person they were 6 years ago, or 4 years ago, or even a year ago. It's weird though because people I knew down here as kids are growing up and becoming adults. Not everyone has appeared different from the person I knew when we were younger but I know that they are, it seems impossible for them not to have changed. I've learned that each moment in life creates a different response from us and we learn from those responses. We decide who we want to be as we get older and morph ourselves into that person as accurately as we can. Situations in life force us to evaluate ourselves. Every moment in life makes us a slightly different person than the one we were a moment before. I know for a fact that I am not the same person I used to be. I like to think it's for the better that overall time and life have had a positive effect on me. I really hope that I continue to acknowledge my mistakes and learn from them because that is pretty much my goal. I don't want to be the same person I've always been because that would mean I've learned nothing from life. Although people change, I know that places usually don't. Sure more buildings may be built, others torn down, but overall they usually stay the same. Harnett County is just as I remember it but it doesn't feel the same way it used to. I'm not the same person I was or feel the same way about things that I used to so this seems only natural. I really can't help thinking though, who I would have been if I had stayed here.


So that's my big insight for the morning. Depending on how bored I get at the airport I may post some of the other life lessons I've learned while I've been down here but for right not I am going to hop in the shower and finish getting ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment